Thursday, March 24, 2011

Confirmed Sighting

I have finally confirmed a sighting of a Slender Man. It is absolutely stalking me now. When I first spotted it, I had just finished a class and was walking back to my dorm. I looked up and there it was. It was approximately nine to ten feet tall, no more than two feet wide at the shoulders, faceless. And not fifty feet from the exit. I fumbled in my pocket for my phone, but by the time I had it raised and ready to take a picture, the creature was gone.

I luckily had a good look at precisely where it had been standing. It was next to the trunk of a large tree (by which I made the above size estimates), near an exposed root. After recovering from the initial shock, I went to investigate the site. Here, I must admit that I am no tracker, despite my father having been an accomplished hunter. However, I could not find any disturbance where it had been standing.

There was no possibility of it being the wrong spot. I had snapped my head to exactly where it had been standing a moment before. It was gone, but I kept my eyes locked. I didn’t take my eyes off the patch of ground for an instant as I walked to it. There can be no mistake. It was exactly the right spot.

There was no imprint suggesting anything resembling feet, no bent grass, no scattered or crushed leaves. It was just like every other piece of ground around it. This is the first bit of evidence that I cannot draw any immediate logical conclusions from, besides the possibility of hallucination. However, given that I have not been quite stressed enough for that and I don’t take any drugs or medication that would have this effect, I can only conclude that this is not a reasonable conclusion.

I’ve hit another solid roadblock, and it’s much more secure than the last one. I can’t use known unknowns or coincidence to dispel it. It was there, it was gone, it left no obvious trace but a memory. I will begin carrying a (marginally) better camera that I will keep in sleep mode on my person at all times.

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations, you have just welcomed doom into your life.

    ReplyDelete