Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Seeking Truth

Unfortunately, nothing new has occurred. I would have posted this before, but I simply didn’t have the time for a lengthy post. At any rate, I merely wish to say that I finished reading through Ezekiel Strahm’s blog. Or at least, through the parts wherein he seems to still have all his senses. After the incident in the warehouse that apparently resulted in Conaghan’s death, he has seemed less stable.

And I am not sure if anyone ever cracked his account, FBI or otherwise. In fact, I am almost certain the FBI would not do this. They would not use, even hijack, a suspect’s account to look for him. That would immediately tell him they were searching for him. But what’s most jarring is who I think did make that post.

I think Strahm did it.

There’s not much evidence to support it, I admit, except that I noticed a spelling error. The word “bee” was where “been” should have been written. This is definitely another indication that the FBI would not have been involved as that is a juvenile mistake for someone calmly typing properly, as the FBI are supposed to be able to do by nature of their office.

But the reason that the error sticks out in my mind is that Strahm made similar errors throughout his blog. There was a missed letter here, a wrong one there, but never more than one or two per post that I noticed. And these were often very long posts indeed. It fits with Strahm trying to make it seem like someone’s hacked his account and used it for their own purposes, specifically to help catch him.

Maybe he wants to be caught, but I don’t know. More likely I think his mind has fractured, so to speak. I believe his personality was altered by the encounter, or that it has split. Neither is out of the range of possibility when dealing with a Slender Man, as should be apparent by now.

Either way, Strahm still has computer access. He posted about the EverymanHYBRID “rescue” of “Damsel” shortly after the occurrence, and has since created a second blog entitled “The Mystic.” I have not started reading it yet, but it is much shorter than Seeking Truth in addition to being updated. I should be caught up shortly. Perhaps this will give me a clearer picture of Strahm’s current mental state.

Bringing this to a close, I know I’m drawing sweeping conclusions from little evidence here, and honestly I do not like it. But there it is: my gut feeling is superseding my mind on this one. A rather unsettling thought, for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment