Saturday, February 26, 2011

Strange Sounds

Last night, there were strange noises in my dorm room. It’s a somewhat old building and there are a lot of people, so normally I would have written it off as something like that. But being on the tenth floor on a Friday night, only one of those could have held (there’s rarely anyone but me here on the weekends).
None of the sounds made sense to me. I don’t even mean that they were strange or I couldn’t see the cause. They simply made no sense. Nothing in architecture, cooling, or even biology makes sounds like those. I have never heard anything like that even synthesized by man. I still can’t believe that those sounds even existed. I can’t believe I was even able to hear them.
I’m afraid. And I’m certain that I have been targeted. I had hoped it would take longer, or that the sounds wouldn’t be the first thing I had to deal with. I must admit that they unnerve me greatly and no description I have ever read prepared me for them. But I will not be cowed. My hopes and plans are dashed, for now. This just means I have to rethink the situation a bit.

2 comments:

  1. Oh dear.

    I know that you said the sounds are something you can barely recognize- but do you think you can somehow describe them? Are they high or low pitched? And did you notice anything strange before the noises began? As you've said- you've never read anything like this, so this could mean, if it is Slender Man, that this is something new. Or perhaps it is not Slender Man at all- the best thing to do now is stay calm and not let yourself be swallowed by the unknown.

    I hope you stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Leina,
    Thank you for your concern. To answer your question, no, there wasn't anything strange before the noises began. In fact, they woke me up not long after I had fallen asleep. It most certainly is possible that it was not Slender Man-related. They seemed to be primarily high-pitched, though there were significant instances during which lower and mid-range register sounds could be heard (I will clarify that it did not sound like speech, distorted or otherwise, or any sort of static I am familiar with). It's possible that in my fatigued state I misinterpreted them and that a more mundane cause was to blame. And it's very likely that I was exaggerating a bit too much in saying that man can't produce such sounds.

    ReplyDelete