Friday, February 4, 2011

This is about Slender Man.

I’m not going to waste my or your time beating around the bush or ignoring reality. This thing is real, and should be treated with caution. By most people. I will not use caution for reasons that I will explain shortly. I don’t intend to be cryptic or hold back any information or analysis on this creature.
Most of you likely know Slender Man as the subject and primary antagonist of numerous, sometimes interlinked, alternate reality games. But it is very real.
 It appears as a tall, thin man in a business suit, almost normal except for the lack of a face. Children are often asserted to be its main targets, but older people are not out of its range, for one reason or another. Occasionally it is attributed powers such as pyrokinesis, or at the least some means of starting fires. It also can apparently teleport, though rarely if ever when directly observed. Usually it is described as having tentacles, usually protruding from its sides or back, sometimes used for motion or combat, but they are not always immediately visible. Its primary motive is absolutely unknown and can only be guessed at from its (sometimes presumed) actions. Numerous deaths have been attributed to it, but few by anyone of certain sanity.
In short, it’s dangerous and no one should try to find or interact with it in any way, as it has no known weaknesses or in even a way to escape its clutches. If Slender Man wants you dead, you will die. But, for whatever reason, it lets many live. And that is arguably more frightening.
So I’m going to study this thing. I will take a look at some of the numerous accounts online, in blog and video form, and analyze what I can about the creature. This is potentially dangerous and I acknowledge that. There is nothing in my history that suggests that I may have previously encountered Slender Man, and for those my age not interacting with children, it seems that may act as some buffer to prevent me from being stalked, since it has been suggested that it terrifies those that escape it as kids.
You may wonder why I choose to put myself in such danger. Is this some humanitarian effort for the greater good, to aid those already embroiled in struggle with this silent gentleman? In a word, yes. This is an attempt to gather information for the greater good. I do this for the collective knowledge of the world, “for science” as the saying goes. If I come across something of merit, something important that may help those being chased now or may be in the future, I will not hesitate to make it public.
I will give fair warning, however. My writing style is a bit... dry. If you think this was a bit overstated, it will only get worse from here.
I will start by analyzing Marble Hornets, which seems to be the sort of go-to log, with a wealth of information and interpretations from its followers. I will see you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment